It’s been a week and I think I’m finally fully recovered from our Vegas adventure.
I know I’m not the only one who feels like they always need a vacation from their vacation. But I’m not sure there’s any other place that would make this statement truer than Las Vegas. I mean, this place is exhausting… But, oh, did we have fun! Three shows, casinos and lots of sunshine, our second trip of our #YearOfAdventure was a huge success.
Just like all my travel posts I’ve detailed all the highlights from our trip to make your travel planning easy! Read on to get more details about our stay in Las Vegas.
Where we Stayed:
If you’re ballin’ on a budget, I would definitely look into staying at The Linq Hotel & Casino. Located right in the middle of The Strip across from Caesars Palace, you’re in the perfect location to walk easily to any attraction. Previously The Imperial Palace, The Linq was recently renovated after Caesars bought it out.
- The Pool Area – Private gazebo’s, chairs, a DJ and two bars, this place was paradise! They also had fun floaties and Jenga in the pool.
- The Linq Promenade – There are SO many restaurants connected to the hotel. You don’t have to travel far to get that coveted In-And-Out double-double.
- The High Roller – While we didn’t get to take a ride on this massive Farris Wheel, I did hear that the views are absolutely breathtaking from the top.
- The Pillows – Yes, that’s right. The. Pillows. I wanted to bring one of these pillows home with me so badly! SO. COMFY.
Pool photo from caesars.com
- Small casino – While this wasn’t a huge issue for me (I don’t gamble), my husband did not like their selection of casino games and tables.
- REALLY young crowd – At the ripe age of 28, I have officially become an old woman. This is definitely where all the college kids stayed for Spring Break. I wasn’t a huge issue, just got a little rowdy at the pool and O’Shea’s every night.
- Lobby still looks old – This is just a personal thought, but if I hear that a hotel is recently renovated I expected their main entrance/lobby to look immaculate. It definitely still looked old.
Places to Eat:
I will say that you definitely don’t go to Las Vegas for the food, but if you’re into buffets and overpriced everything, it is the place for you!
- Wynn Resort & Casino Buffet – The décor is TO DIE FOR! And who wouldn’t want all you can eat crab legs?!
- In-And-Out Burger – Because, you just don’t go to Vegas without a trip here. We may have eaten there a few times.
- Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen & Bar – Try their Nachos! That’s all I’m saying…
- Buffet of Buffets – Yes, this is a thing. If you’re on a budget, this is the way to go! This ticket is $60 all-you-can-eat for 24 hours. You can get four meals in during that time. You can get tickets at any Caesars Buffet Restaurant.
Shows to See:
All of the shows we saw were AMAZING in their own way! These are not ranked in any specific order, because we loved them all so much.
- Mat Franco – We watched him win the 2015 season of America’s Got Talent, so we had to see him live! It’s family-friendly and the magic will absolutely blow your mind.
- Le Reve – This show has been voted “Best Production Show” in Las Vegas for six years straight! It is earns every praise of that accolade. It’s in a circular theater and 90% of the show involves water. It’s incredible!
- Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil – I mean, the music! Need I say more?! Every second of this show was entertaining. And the dancing/tricks were ridiculously amazing.
We don’t drink or go out very often. But our last night in Las Vegas, we somehow became besties with Noah Galloway from Season 20 of Dancing with the Stars. We were at Mandalay Bay for our final show of the trip and ran into him and one of my childhood friends. We tagged along with him and his buddies to the 63rd floor club with VIP access to the Foundation Room. It was a great way to end the trip!
What to wear:
Whatever you do, do not bring your highest heels in the closet. Or do, if you want massive blisters! By night three, I was wearing the comfiest, yet cutest gladiator sandals I own and it still looked great with my low back dress from Lulus (old). Here’s a peak at one of my outfits from strolling around Las Vegas.
In all, we had a fabulous time but I’m not sure we’ll be back any time soon. Vegas can really take it out of you! Off to plan our next trip for our Year of Adventure!