My marriage turned a year old last weekend! How can that be?! It feels like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle to the most amazing man in the world. It was the most magical day! To celebrate our anniversary we ventured off to California for five days in San Francisco and Napa Valley. It was our first time out to wine country (and Corey’s first time ever to California), so our days were jam-packed with activities. Here’s a peek into our little getaway:
Our California adventure started in San Francisco where we stayed at an AirBnB near Golden Gate Park. We went to the most delicious, hole-in-the-wall breakfast spot called Apple Fritter before heading to Half Moon Bay to drive the coast. It was absolutely breathtaking! We ended the day with a sushi dinner at Sakesan, which was so tasty!
Day two was packed with activities so we started with brunch at the Presidio Social Club. This place has the coolest vibe with white coat servers, exposed bulb lighting and the most eclectic menu I’ve ever seen. It was a great way to start the day!
Renting bikes and cycling over the Golden Gate Bridge is a must when in San Francisco, and we did just that. We loved every bit of it except the weather. Clouds, rain and gusty winds over the bridge made the ride a little unbearable, but once we arrived on the other side it was absolutely gorgeous!
We kept riding our bikes to the beautiful town of Sausalito where we ate at the Napa Valley Burger Company. We took a ferry ride back across the bay, returned our bikes and ventured off to our AirBnB in Sonoma.
The Sonoma and Napa Valley part of our trip was amazing! Both areas were so beautiful in their own unique way. A perfectly square-shaped town, downtown Sonoma gave us a small town vibe with its tremendous character and quaintness. My favorite part was drinking wine and eating cheese and crackers in the park, nestled in the center of town. It was so romantic! Downtown Napa gave us a whole different feel. It was definitely more modern with a ritzy, elegant vibe.
Places to eat:
- Maya Restaurant – The best Mexican food in town!
- El Dorado Kitchen – Salmon was to die for!
- Auberge Du Soleil – The most breathtaking views of Napa Valley!
- Ristorante Allegria – Everything about this place is amazing!
- Basque Boulangerie Cafe – Cutest coffee and breakfast spot!
- Patz & Hall (Sonoma) – Known for their Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Their VIP experience features six wines and a food pairing. We ended up buying a few bottles from this winery!
- Stags Leap (Napa) – Known for Cabernet Sauvignon. We toured the caves where they store 6,000+ barrels of wine and tasted one of their premium 2012 vintage bottles that scored a perfect 100 from Robert Parker. So tasty!
- Conn Creek (Napa) – Known for Cabernet Sauvignon. Their blending experience is one we will never forget! We each blended, bottled and labeled our own wine after a little experimenting.
On our way back to San Francisco to catch our flight we stopped at Muir Woods National Park. This place is incredible! It is filled with redwood trees that are nearly 300 feet tall and so ginormous we couldn’t wrap our arms around the trunks. The walk around the park was so peaceful. It was the perfect way to end our trip!
It is so hard to pick a favorite part of our anniversary trip! Everything we did was so special and unique to any vacation we’ve ever planned. Doing life with Corey by my side I know I will have a life full of adventure, romance and, most of all, love. Off to plan our next big adventure! Where do you think we should go?!