What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear, “spring break”?
I asked my husband the same question and he said, “VEGASSSSSSS!” I was hoping he’d say somewhere on a beach, but a quick weekend trip to Sin City sounded like a blast as well. This spring break will look a lot different than our college years, but I’m excited to see Las Vegas as an older 20-something. Any suggestions on what we should do?! If you’re new to reading The Holly Tree, my husband and I proclaimed 2017 as the the Year of Adventure! Last month we went to Estes Park and absolutely loved our little escape to the mountains. We’ll be going somewhere new each month this year, so check back to see where we go on our little adventures.
As spring break arrives you know it’s time to say goodbye to bulky sweaters and hello to sandals and florals. I’ve rounded up the top 10 musts for your spring closet this year!
- Frayed Hem Jeans: I’m not kidding when I say I wear these jeans all weekend long. They are so comfy and add that extra flare to your every day look. They look great dressed up or down! Definitely size down with these jeans though, they will stretch out.
- Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking. I know, but it’s true. Florals will forever be the symbol of spring and I am totally totally ok with that. This top has it all…. Florals ✅ Cross Front ✅ Bell Sleeves ✅
3. Colorful Clutch. This clutch sold out REAL quick at Nordstrom and I can see why. Just look at the fun bead work and that blue and white print! I’ll be carrying this around all spring.
4. Caged Heels. If they’re lace-up or caged, you need them! These shoes will continue to be a trend throughout the year. I LOVE these ones and they’re only $32!
5. Cold Shoulder + Ruffles + Green. This top crosses off a few big trends of the year, two of them being cold shoulder and ruffles. Pantone announced a few months ago that green is THE color of 2017, so this top is a total BONUS! I wore this for St. Patricks Day but will definitely be on repeat this year.
6. Embroidery. There is just something so beautiful about it. If you’re not on this train you need to get on it! It’s going to stick around for a while. I am literally dying over the embroidery on this top.
7. Blue and White Pin Stripes. They are EVERYWHERE this spring. You know you love it!
8. Distressed Everything. Your spring closet is not complete without distressed denim. That includes this frayed pocket, chambray top. This have been my weekend uniform for the past few weeks.
10. Arm Candy. When this watch came in the mail I literally gasped. It is so beautiful in person! The strap is so unique and feels so comfortable on. You can get 12% off with the code “thehollytree_” when you check out.
So, there you have it, ten items you need in your spring closet! Is there anything you would add to this list? Comment below with your thoughts!